Can you imagine July if someone wasn’t growing watermelons?
Summertime wouldn’t be the same without watermelon! It cools us down, hydrates us and brings smiles to faces! Few of us have had the chance to visit a watermelon farm or talk to a farmer, but Rachel Syngo’s family has been “in the biz” of growing watermelons for generations.
They proudly grow on multiple farms in southwestern Florida and work with farmers up the East Coast to provide the tasty fruit as much of the year as possible! We talk about how and where watermelons are grown, the trends that seem to be gaining traction, food safety, how you get seedless watermelons and more!
Links Mentioned in this Episode Include
See how watermelons are harvested and transported (embedded at the bottom of this post)
A vodka watermelon cocktail from FarmWifeDrinks.com
Where to Find Melon 1 Online
- Facebook Melon 1 at https://www.facebook.com/melon1inc/
- Instagram Official Melon 1 at https://www.instagram.com/officialmelon1/
- Twitter Official Melon 1 at https://twitter.com/officialmelon1?lang=en
Grounded by the Farm Online
- GroundedbytheFarm.com for photos, blog posts, show notes and more
- Ask the Farmers Facebook Page
- Groundedbythefarm_ on Instagram
- Grounded by the Farm on Youtube
- @groundedbythef on Twitter
Growing Watermelons & Harvesting By Hand